Friday 24 March 2023

Harbour Walls






 While seated on a bench overlooking the harbour at Whitby I spent some time watching people walking along the harbour wall across the small beach in front of me. As I did so I realised that with the layered clouds above and the weathered patterns on the stone walls this would make for an effective image. Add to that the people walking by I thought they would make great images.

Although in the first image the colours show off the richness of the stone really nicely I think the black and white images are better. Il like the lone figure walking, hands in pockets, his head slightly bowed, and illuminated by the sun which was fairly low in the sky directly behind me. I wonder what he was thinking as he walked alone, I could come up with a number of different storylines.

I was really pleased when the couple in the second image actually stopped in the frame and started to point at something off to my right, one shielding his eyes from the sun so he could more clearly see what he was being directed to. Again this scene lends itself to all sorts of potential storylines and makes this, in my mind at least and effective image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment