Saturday 22 August 2015

Such a big baby




Today I have spent the day at Chester Zoo .  After a very damp start it brightened up and I was able to take a load of pictures.  The shots I have posted today were the last ones I took.

They are not the best pictures I took and the first and third shots are a little blurry because of the poor light indoors and the fact that both elephants were moving at the time.

The first picture is of a male Asian Elephant which was pacing around his enclosure at the end of the day and was waiting to be fed.

The second and third pictures are of a female baby elephant which was born just two days ago.  Initially she was just lying at her mother's feet but in the final image she was just getting to her feet as her mother supported her with her trunk, another young female member of the family also stepped in to give support.  

You can see a video of her being born and some better photos too, by clicking on this link

No comments:

Post a Comment