Friday 13 May 2016

I'm On A Boat





I have always loved boats and messing about on boats, I just never have enough opportunities to do it. My father was in the merchant navy and I grew up reading novels of sea faring adventures and I used to imagine going to sea myself but ultimately I took a different direction. I have however always lived close to the sea and currently I am just a few minutes walk from the shore and I love it when I wake up to the smell of the sea carried in on the breeze. I can think of many places in the world I would love to visit but I cannot imagine ever living somewhere that wasn't close to the sea (or at the very least a decent sized lake). 

So recently when I got the chance to take a short trip on a boat in Cardigan Bay it wasn't a difficult choice.  There were dolphin swimming in the distance, sea birds in the sky, on the water and on the cliffs and of course the spectacular geology that I showed in my post yesterday.

But as we were motoring along I also noticed the cool patterns created by the wake of the boat and the tiny crests of waves as they formed. Again as anyone who has followed my blog will know I like the abstract patterns in moving water so I couldn't resist taking these shots. I think other people on the boat were wondering why I was paying so much attention to the water as it passed alongside the boat but I think it was time well spent because I really like these pictures and I hope you do too. 

2 comments: