Sunday 10 July 2016

It's Not All Black & White






This selection is the last of my pictures from the butterfly house.

I have already posted a couple of shots of the first butterfly but I couldn't resist posting this one because I love the eyes.

I can tell you that the first butterfly is an Owl Butterfly, the second and fifth is a Clipper, the third is a White Tree Nymph and the fourth one is a Blue Morpho. I only know this because there was a helpful identification chart in the butterfly house and I very sensibly took a picture of the chart for reference.

There is something about each of these beautiful bugs that I like but my favourite is the White Tree Nymph with its neat clean lines, the shiny black leading edge of its wings and the barely perceptible flash of yellow, adding a touch of contrast. It really is a beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment