Monday 11 July 2016

To Hilbre At Dawn





On Saturday I got up at the crack of dawn (04:45am) and set off across the sands to Hilbre Island, a wonderful nature reserve off the coast of Wirral. I followed the tide out as the sun was rising behind me. Unfortunately the sky was very overcast and so I didn't get the best of the sunrise however the early morning sky was quite dramatic.

I was completely alone apart from the flocks of seabirds and waders and I really enjoyed some moments of quiet reflection. I am so lucky to live so close to such a beautiful place.

The first shot shows Hilbre Island itself which is the largest of a group of three islands with Middle Eye just to the left. 

The final two images show different views of Little Eye, the first and smallest of the group and it is the point that you head towards following the safest route across the sands.

I have some more nice views from my brief visit which was cut short by the rain and I will share these and a few more details of the trip over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment