Sunday 13 November 2016

Beautiful Blue Heron


I haven't posted anything for a few days with going out to gigs and going camping (in spite of the weather) and so I haven't really had an opportunity. I couldn't think what to post and so browsing through my folders I came across this shot of a Blue Heron. I really like this shot, it was early evening and I love the way the evening sun was lighting up the reeds in the background. It was quite a lucky shot too as I almost walked past the small break in the reeds surrounding the lake, and I am reminded that I have to keep my eyes open all the time for great photo opportunities.

There was something quite mesmerising watching this beautiful bird standing so still and reflected in the calm water. I could have stayed for a long time watching it but as the light was fading I had to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment