Friday 25 November 2016

Making A Splash in Middlebrun Bay



Capturing these images wasn't easy and required the help of two willing volunteers (who shall remain nameless but they know who they are) who gathered the rocks and threw them as best as possible to the predetermined spot. Judging distance was not easy and more often than not either they, or I missed the target but when we managed to get it right I think the result was pretty good.

I think the first of these shots is a little blurred, suggesting a fast shutter speed was required but even so I like the overall composition with the splash and the reflection in the smooth surface water.

I like the second image which is more abstract and was taken from immediately above the splash zone. I like the way the water droplets are rising towards the lens and the small ripples as the droplets fall back to the lake surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment