Tuesday 19 September 2017

A Work In Progress






Unlike yesterday, when not everyone would agree about how beautiful the subject was I don't think anyone could seriously disagree about today's offering.

Red flowers are difficult to photograph. It's not because they're camera shy or move about more than any other colour but because getting a true representation of the colour is really difficult. So there are some flowers that I never bother trying to shoot.

I am not 100% certain but I think this flower is a red variety of Rudbeckia, often known as Black-Eyed Susan a perennial flower that looks great with masses of colourful flowers which open out to a broad flat(ish) face with bright petals that gradually fold back towards the stem and in doing so the central black platform becomes a ball of tiny spikes and curls which look gorgeous and are a magnet for bees and other pollinators. 

I have a number of shots of these flowers from my most recent visit to Ness Botanic Gardens and I wanted to share some of my favourites. I really love the final shot with the bee hard at work and the subtle back lighting. I think its a great image. If you like them or if you have  favourite why not leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment