Monday 11 September 2017

Subtle Tone


So today I have tried something new. I process my photos using Adobe Lightroom but mainly use auto settings to make minor adjustments to exposure and highlights. I have tried a few times to create colour highlights in black and white images (see my recent post "Shipwreck" from 4th Sept) with fairly decent results, but I haven't really experimented with any of the other features for fear of mucking things up and getting the colours completely wrong.

However because changes made in Lightroom can be easily undone there really is no harm in trying and so I decided to watch a couple of tutorials and be a little creative.

I like boats and this old hulk moored at Glasson Dock is full of character especially as it is moored alongside some new and sleek yachts. The original image was shot in colour but I have converted it to black and white and then added a colour hue to the highlights and shadows to create a warm and atmospheric image rather than the original which is quite bland in comparison. I also applied a graduated filter to bring out some detail in the sky.

I am really pleased with my first attempt and I hope that you will like it too. I would be pleased to read any feedback in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment