Tuesday 9 October 2018

Autumn's Bounty




I love fungi, I don't know much about them and I would be hard pressed to identify more that just a few varieties but I think they are fascinating and I am amazed and the incredible number of different fungi that can be found on the forest floor and all around us. 

I do know that they do a really important job in supporting the eco system, helping trees and plants to extract nutrients from the soil or helping to break down dead organic matter so that we are not up to our eyes in dead wood.

Autumn is a great time for spotting them and while in Canada recently I spotted so many wonderful varieties and of course I photographed a good many of them so from time to time you will get to see some of the better ones.

What do I like about them? Well its the shapes and colours and textures, even the smell, what is not to like...?

No comments:

Post a Comment