Friday 12 October 2018

Camouflage



Ok so I know grasshoppers are not the most attractive creatures but they are pretty incredible, especially up close. They also have really effective camouflage. 

Take the first image, this chat was sat on some pebbles, basking in the sun. I imagine it was able to absorb a lot of heat because the stones it was on were quite hot but it is the camouflage that is most impressive. I don't know whether this is its normal colouring or whether it possesses some chameleon like colour change bio-technology.

I prefer the colours of the second hopper as it is a little easier for me to see. What I like about this second image however is the detail. Sadly because converting the image for the blog affects the resolution it isn't as sharp but it is still pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment