Tuesday 16 October 2018

Simply Beautiful







In case you haven't worked it out, I really really like fungi. I can't say why I like them so much but I do.  

When I was selecting my pictures for today I thought that my favourite picture was the first one; I love the richness and warmth, I love the shape and the texture but there is also the promise of more as the fungus actually opens out.  As I carried on choosing pictures though I thought that perhaps the fourth one was my favourite, with the colour and texture of fresh crusty bread. But then I think I have finally decided that the fifth image is my favourite. I think the lighting is perfect, the soft focus on the background helps to emphasise the delicate stem and the sharply focused fins on the underside of the opened out head. It is simply beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment