Thursday 10 January 2019

Old Meets New



Liverpool is such a wonderful city with some stunning architecture and especially along the waterfront at the Pier Head. 

I love reflections and it was impossible to just walk past this view of the Port of Liverpool building reflected in the sheer black glass wall of the Open Eye Gallery which are probably my two favourite buildings in the city. If you ever get the chance you should head down to the Pier Head and enjoy the wonderful architecture and stroll through the Port of Liverpool  building looking up at the glorious dome over the atrium I promise you won't be disappointed.

I think looking at these images that the people walking in the shadow of the Open Eye are probably unaware of the perfect reflection of the building just across the road. The buildings are from different eras and in such different styles but somehow they work so well together.

I was faced with my usual dilemma between colour or B&W and I think on this occasion colour wins out, just but then again when I look at the pictures tomorrow I might just change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment