Saturday 5 January 2019

On The Ice




While most of my colleagues and all of my family had returned to work on January 2nd I was lucky enough to still have a few days off so I headed off to Snowdonia early in the morning for a walk in the mountains and of course to take one or two pictures.

It was a cold morning and I had to scrape ice off my car before setting off, the temperature was showing as -3 celcius, the sky was clear and there were lots of stars on display which to me were all good signs. You may think that sounds odd but it was exactly the conditions I was hoping for.

I arrived at the base of Tryfan just after sunrise with the temperature now showing -4 degrees so I wrapped up and set off up the path to Llyn Ydwal where I was hoping to capture some great reflections of Pen Yr Olwen which was glowing in the early morning sun.

On the way up there are a number of small streams and as the temperature dropped even further  it was unsurprising that the streams had a covering of ice which I couldn't help but photograph for the amazing patterns that had formed.

I had a great day out and I also got the shots I had gone for so look out for those in the coming days but for today enjoy the three icy shots above.

No comments:

Post a Comment