Sunday 24 May 2015

A little bug...





Recently a good friend told me how much they liked my photos of flowers and since I aim to please I deliberately set out yesterday to take some new pictures of plants and flowers.

The first picture today (if my research is correct) is a male red campion.  It was growing in shaded woodland, I have some growing in my garden, courtesy of a wildflower seed giveaway by BBC's Countryfile.

The flower head is the size of an English penny (U.S cent). 

The fly which was feeding on one of the flowers (I haven't tried to identify what it is) was about the size of a grain of rice.  The next three pictures (all different, not just crops of the same image) were taken, handheld,  with my 100mm Macro lens.  The lighting is all natural from the sun and it shows the shiny carapace and makes it possible to pick out some of the detailin the eyes.

Whether you are a fan of bugs or not I hope you will agree these are quite good pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment