Wednesday 20 May 2015

River Aire





Yesterday i posted some pictures of a couple of bridges across the river Aire at Malham. Today here are a few more pictures of the river.  The first was taken along a woodland walk, I loved the way the light filtered through the trees and that with the sound of the river flowing by made it a really lovely walk.

In the second picture I like the grassy islands in the middle of the river and I like the way the wall follows the course of the river around the bend and into the distance,

The final picture was right up at Malham Cove it was broad and very shallow picking its way along between the rocks and pebbles after it bubbled up from the base of the rock cliffs. I was intrigued by the stile on the far side of the river I guess that originally there was a path there but apart from the stile there is no other evidence of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment