Sunday 10 May 2015

Britannia Bridge





Four more pictures from Anglesey today.  The first is the Britannia Bridge taken from a vantage point on Church Island. I like the gorse in the foreground and the wide expanse of "The Swellies" looking towards the bridge in the distance.

The second picture I have chosen because this weekend marks the 70th anniversary of VE day and the monument commemorates the local men and women who lost their lives during the first and second world wars.

The third picture is of a cluster of Bluebells which were growing in abundance in the churchyard of St Tsyilio's church.  I love the vivid blue colour as it stands out against the fresh green background of lush grass.

I also love the vibrant green of the new foliage in the final picture as it forms a canopy above the woodland floor.

I hope you have enjoyed today's selection.  Look out for more from Anglesey tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment