Wednesday 20 June 2018

Up With The Birds


Tamron 150 - 600mm f/5:6.3 
ISO 250   600mm   f/10   1/320 sec

I had pulled into a lay by for a short break on the drive from Amsterdam to Vejle (Denmark) and I hadn't intended to get my camera out at all, but as I got out of the car to put some rubbish into a bin I spotted a Great Spotted Woodpecker low down on the trunk of a tree. I grabbed my camera and approached as quietly as I could but before I could get a shot he had flown away. Disappointed I turned to go back to the car and saw this beautiful male Peregrine swoop past.  I managed to snap a couple of quick shots before he disappeared and although this isn't the sharpest of images I was pleased to get it. If you look closely you will see that this bird has been ringed.

Although I missed the woodpecker on this occasion I did manage to photograph one in Gothenburg a few days later so I will be sharing that one in a few days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment