Saturday 22 January 2022

Crest of Wave






I have posted images of water many times before, often (like earlier this week) ripples and reflections but on other occasions I want to show water in motion like in the images above.

These were taken on the beach at Trefor on the North Wales coast. The sky was overcast and the water had a dirty green tint so I have processed the images in black and white.

I stood watching the waves roll in and I could feel the power of the tide as each wave receded pulling the pebbles of the beach with it.

I love the shapes that are created as the waves break and the spray forms along the crest, I also really like the way the light comes through the waves and the spray. Each time the wave breaks the pattern is completely random but when you freeze that motion and look closely it is possible to see (or imagine) interesting things, for example in the last image I think it looks very like the tale of a whale starting to break through the surface as the water rushes off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment