Monday 6 February 2023

Out and About









 


I have chosen three images today from out and about in Florence. The first two connect with the pictures I shared yesterday in that they were taken at Piazzale Michelangelo where there were lots of people enjoying the sunset and views of the city. I do enjoy people watching and capturing candid moments such as these. 

The third image shows a couple who we saw several times throughout the day. They are not pausing naturally to cross the road but are actually posing for professional photographs and were stood there for quite some time. They had a professional photographer and stylist/make-up artist with them and they were being photographed around the city. In this shot they would have had the duomo behind them.

Later in the day as my son and I were seated in a restaurant we watched this same couple walking up and down the street outside for at least an hour with the photographer leading the way trying to get the perfect shot without other tourists getting in the way. It was quite amusing for a while. The restaurant was in a narrow cobbled street and had a dining room on either side of the road, our waiter was clearly getting frustrated with the couple because they kept getting in the way as he was working between both sides of the street. Anyone who has been with me while I am out with my camera will know that I can take my time getting the shot I want however, I don't think I would test the patience in quite the same way...

No comments:

Post a Comment