Tuesday 7 February 2023

Street Sounds









I have always admired buskers for their confidence to perform in public (I guess the musicians in the first image are not really buskers but I still admire their confidence). I have played cello in a school orchestra , sung in a choir and performed in musical productions on stage, I have also played saxophone in a small "big band" and although it was exciting and exhilarating it was also quite scary too. But at least being part of a larger group of musicians/performers I  didn't feel totally exposed.

Buskers however are totally exposed, once they set up to play on the street there is nowhere to hide and no one else to share the pain if things go wrong so even if I don't always enjoy the performance I do admire the person for putting themself out there.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment