Tuesday 14 February 2023

The Passage of Time








 So today I was all set to share some of yesterday's pictures from Dunham Massey but with the weather being so good I was out with my camera again and I got a load more photos and I have decided to work through those before going back to the Dunham Massey shots.

Today I went to Chirk Castle, near Wrexham in North Wales. It is one of my favourite castles and I have shared numerous pictures from there before as I have had some great days out at Chirk in the past. Each time I go however I try to find something new, even if it is just a different angle to photograph the castle or perhaps a detail in one of the gardens.

And that is what I have focused on today, the theme of "Time" is appropriate for today and so the sundial in the small rose garden caught my attention. I don't think I have ever photographed it before and even if I have I am sure that I have never shared the pictures here before.

Luckily by the time I arrived at Chirk the sun was out and the sky was clear so there was no difficulty in telling the time today; you will see that it was just a few minutes before midday when these photos were taken and I can confirm that having checked the time by my watch the sundial was spot on.

Given that it is still so early in the year there are no roses in bloom at the moment but come the summer this little garden will be awash with colour and the scent of roses and will be the perfect place to relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment