Thursday 2 February 2023

So Practical





 So a change of location today; here we are in Florence although you could only really tell that from the first image. It really is a beautiful city. Historically, so I am told, to become an architect it was necessary to go to Florence to study the architecture there. I guess I can claim to have added to the education of both of my sons who have gone on to pursue careers in architecture because I took each of them to Florence as part of our road trips in 2015 and 2018.

These pictures were captured on the second visit in 2018.

I really liked to ornamental scroll work of the bars on the windows. Not only are they very practical in that they provide security for the home, but they are very decorative  and also functional because the way they are shaped allows the windows to be opened and for blinds to be drawn out during the hottest part of the day to provide shade. 

In the first image there is a view along a small street with a glimpse of the famous Duomo in the heart of the old city.

The next three images are of the same corner bar, they each offer a different composition and I shared all three because I simply couldn't decide on just one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment