Saturday 30 January 2016

A Mix of Emotions






Today I have taken a break from the shoot in the Lake District from last Saturday (I will return to those another day), and I am showing some pictures from my visit to Chester Zoo with my daughter, taking advantage of the reasonably good weather.

The first two shots are of Mandrill. The pictures are not as good quality as I would have liked because they were behind glass and it was difficult to get a clear shot without light reflecting off the glass.  All the same I really like these images because of the expressions on the face of the large male. In the first shot he looks terribly sad, and in the second when one of the females started grooming him he still has a far away look.

The third picture is of two female Sitatunga which are swamp dwelling antelope from Central Africa. I thought it was quite a touching image as they moved in to make this contact, in what was quite a deliberate gesture. 

Over the next few days come back to see some of my favourite shots from today's trip to the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment