Friday 8 January 2016

Bunting



At Martin Mere, as well as the large wetland there are also areas for observing some of the smaller native and migrant birds. Here we have a female Chaffinch and a male Reed Bunting. Unfortunately due to the low light and damp conditions I had to use a fairly high ISO and so the images are quite noisy but these are such cute little birds I wanted to share them anyway.

I had to wait quite a long time in this particular hide as the birds were quite skittish and didn't settle anywhere for long, added to that at one point a Sparrowhawk flew in and scattered all of the finches and tits that had been sheltering in the bushes, it then took a while before they built up the confidence to come back. 

I didn't mind though as I had a lovely time while I waited to see what would come next.

No comments:

Post a Comment