Saturday 17 June 2017

Flowers and Flying Things



Just after lunch I announced that I would be going out to the walled garden at Royden Park as I needed some new pictures for my blog. It was really hot and sunny and I thought I would get some nice close up shots of flowers. What I didn't expect was to see some fledgling Kestrels taking their first foray into the big wide world.

I had heard some screeching in the background and thought I would check it out, then while I was taking a picture of a lovely flower a young girl timidly approached and said that she had seen a kestrel in the tree and pointed me in the right direction. 

It wasn't one but three young kestrels two of which you can see in the shots above. They are so beautiful and it was a genuine thrill and a privilege to see them up close like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment