Wednesday 27 October 2021

Eagle Eyed


 I think that in the natural world my favourite things are birds of prey and I always get a buzz of excitement when I see them in the wild. There are several birds on my bucket list of birds I want to see and hopefully photograph in their natural habitat. In reality I don't expect to get to see many of them so I am grateful for places like the National Centre for Birds of Prey at Duncombe Park where they do great work for the conservation of so many species that I would never get to see in the wild. 

I visited with my mum recently and although we got caught in the rain we got to see some beautiful birds and enjoy a wonderful flying display. Of course I took loads of photos some of which I will be sharing.

For today I have just one image of a Tawny Eagle a species which is more at home in sub Saharan Africa. While in some regions the population is fairly strong in other areas it is considered as a threatened species with population loss due to poisoning and shooting or from traffic.

I  think this is a stunning looking bird, I love the intense expression.

I have had to do a close up image because this bird was in an aviary and I was shooting through the mesh of the enclosure so it is quite a soft image but I think by doing so I have been able to emphasise the intensity of its stare and get across something of the power of this beautiful bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment