Tuesday 5 October 2021

Look at those fangs...





 Now I know that most people to varying degrees dislike spiders and would rather not look at them too closely, and while am among those people who would jump if I saw one running across the floor in my living room or creeping up the wall in my bedroom I am weirdly drawn to look closely when I spot them in my garden. And when I spot a specimen like this one I cannot resist getting my camera and getting a few shots.

I love the colouring of this European garden spider that was sitting patiently at the centre of its dew covered web waiting for its next meal. Given the position of the web I couldn't get a shot of the spider's back but these shots nicely show the underside and its legs, and if you look closely (go on, I dare you) you can see its fangs. I am sure they could give a nip to your finger but just think what they can do to a fly or moth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment