Thursday 21 October 2021

Pemberley


So the eagle eyed among you will understand why I have called this post Pemberley, it is actually Lyme Park in Disley, near Manchester and it was used as the setting for Pemberley the fictional home of the Darcy family in the 1995 BBC Television adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. It is very possible that you won't have seen it but in my home it is very possibly the most watched TV show and this setting is where one of the most famous scenes of the entire series...

I hadn't really wanted to go out today and took some persuading but as it was the weather was perfect and i was able to get some great shots that made the trip worth the effort.

I took several shots of the colours of autumn which you can look forward to over the next few days before I get to some views of the magnificent house.

There was a fair breeze today so the surface of the reflecting pond was broken up by lots of ripples and I was worried that I wouldn't get the shots I wanted so I turned to one of the most useful gadgets in my camera bag, my K+F Concept variable ND filter. Using the filter I was able to use a long exposure and a very small aperture, this meant I could freeze the motion in the water and keep everything in focus to bring out all the detail and get a nice reflection.

From a low vantage point and with the gorgeous afternoon sun behind me I think this creates a striking image.

No comments:

Post a Comment