Thursday 6 April 2023

Passing Time









 So here is a small selection of shots of people round and about the streets of the city or passing the time of day in cafés.

As always when people watching I try to imagine what each persons story is; is the girl in the first image waiting for someone or just enjoy a moment of calm on her own?

The couples who are in bars, what has brought them together? what are they talking about?

For the men who are on their phones, I wonder whether they are responding to important messages that have interrupted their day in the city or are they casually passing the time while a companion is in a shop nearby?

There are so many possibilities and it is so much fun creating narratives for complete strangers. Sometimes I keep them to myself or other times I will share them with whoever I am traveling with and maybe collaborate on expanding the story into a wild and ridiculous fantasy.  If you have never done this then take it from me it is a fun way to pass some time.

The last image in today's post was a reward for patience. I had been seated near the group of people (possibly students on a break from their studies) on the bench, I took a couple of photos but thought they were fairly uninteresting and I was just walking away when the young woman leant forward to connect with the young man closest to her. It was a tender moment and I was really pleased to be able to capture it.

No comments:

Post a Comment