Wednesday 5 April 2023

Street Vendors







 It was obviously a slow day for these street vendors outside Giardini Reali and the Giardinetti vaporetto stop. 

The guy in the first few pictures was selling paintings of the local landmarks. He was aware that I was taking his picture but I was grateful that he did not actively pose for me, and after three shots I left him alone.

The second guy was selling basic tourist tat and after spending a little time reading his newspaper he actually moved his chair into a sunny spot and went to sleep, at one point I thought he might fall off his chair but he woke with a start, checked his stall and then calmly leant back and closed his eyes once again.

I imagine that later in the season he will have to keep a closer eye on things as the place will likely be heaving with tourists.

Having looked at these pictures once again I am wondering whether I could pull off the pork pie hat and wayfarers look. I am sure I have a pair of sunglasses like that somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment