Tuesday 22 May 2018

Changing The Guard


Tamron 150mm - 600mm f /5:6.3
ISO 250  309mm  f/7.1  1/500

ISO 250  483mm  f/7.1  1/500

I missed posting something yesterday because, well just because, but I didn't want to let another day pass without some more great pictures and I hope you will agree these pictures don't disappoint. 

They follow on from my selection from Sunday night which if you didn't see them I hope you will take a few minutes to take a look.

I have called today's post Changing the Guard because that is what is happening, one of the adult swans had been sitting on the nest and the other after having a good stretch came to relieve the other and I like the way they carefully switched positions with balletic precision. Then with a look of pride (if you can attribute that to a swan) s/he stands guard before settling down on the clutch of precious eggs.  I think this was a wonderful scene and something I felt privileged to witness. I really love the second picture.

but now for something completely different...

















...this is cropped from the first of today's pictures and in colour rather than black and white.  Can you see a totally different creature in this image? 
I have lowered the exposure which has given a pink tint to the white feathers and with the upturned tail and the dip to the wing tips it resembles the face of a pig at least I think so and I can thank my eagle eyed son for spotting this detail in the original shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment