Saturday 19 September 2015

Pebbles



Today I have chosen a couple more pictures from my visit to Kirkby Lonsdale last weekend. I had gone down onto the river bank and ventured out where the river widened and went around a gentle bend.  I daresay that after heavy rain there would be no chance of getting so far out as I did as the pebbles beneath my feet were part of the river bed.

I was drawn to taking the first picture by the muted colours and the smoothness of the stones as they led me away from the river bank.  I also like the second picture with the brightly coloured leaf caught within the small still pool. It is a small reminder that summer is gone and we can look forward to lots of rich autumn colours.

Later in the week I will post some more shots from this visit, with some great views of Devil's Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment