Tuesday 16 February 2016

By The Waterside




Bush Dogs and Otters for your pleasure today. 

I have always liked otters and it has been an ambition of mine to see them in the wild ever since I read the book Ring Of Bright Water as a child.  I once caught a glimpse of one swimming in Strasbourg but it was a fleeting glimpse and doesn't really count and I hope that at some point in the near future I will spot one and have enough time to capture a shot or two. In the meantime this picture of three Giant Otters basking in the winter sun at Chester Zoo will have to do.

I also really like the Bush Dogs in the first two pictures. They nest in burrows and seem to spend a fair bit of time underground so it was a treat to see them running around and pausing to take a drink from the pool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment