Tuesday 9 February 2016

Tarn Hows and Yew Tree Tarn





Today's pictures are a return to the Lake District for a few reflections.

The first shot is of Tarn Hows, there are some really good vantage points for some lovely views I think that on a sunny day this would be a great spot for a picnic after a walk around the lake.

The second image is of Yew Tree Tarn  which sits in the valley between Tarn Hows on the road from Skelwith Bridge to Coniston.

The last two pictures are from River Brathay between Skelwith Bridge and Elterwater which is an area I have visited a few times in the past. A couple of years ago I went on a short camping trip, when I stayed near Chapel Stile and got up at the crack of dawn to walk along the river and take pictures as the sun was rising.  It was a really memorable trip and these pictures and the pictures I will post tomorrow bring back some good memories

No comments:

Post a Comment