Saturday 6 February 2016

USAF F-15 Over Coningsby





It's well over 20 years since I lived in Lincolnshire but one of the things I still miss is the low flying fast jets from the many military bases around Lincolnshire and East Anglia. I was lucky enough to live for several years right on the coast near Freiston Shore, on the flight path for the bombing range at Wainfleet. Every day there would be a variety of British, European and American jets fly over and often I would head out onto the salt marsh with my brothers or friends to get a close look as they flew right over head. It was so exhilarating seeing them up close and feeling the roar and power of the engines  and listening to the sound of the cannons and the practice bombs as they went off in the distance.

This past week I had to go visiting and took a little time to myself so I headed off to RAF Coningsby to see whether there was any action. Shortly after I arrived two USAF F-15's took two passes over the airfield and I was able to get a few shots before they flew off to complete whatever exercise they were on.

I'm quite happy with these images and tomorrow I will post some other shots of the Typhoons that are based at Coningsby.

No comments:

Post a Comment