Wednesday 10 January 2018

Here's Looking At You




Today I have gone back to the pictures of deer at Dunham Massey rather than the buildings and reflections that I shared over the past two days.

These three deer are all Fallow Deer but these shots perfectly show some of the different colourings that are quite common from the fairly even brown tones of the stag in the first picture to the almost black backed doe in the second shot and then at the most extreme end the white in the third shot. This is not an albino deer but a genuine white variety. A fourth variety is almost totally black but I haven't got a shot of one to share today.

It didn't matter how quietly I approached the deer they were always on the alert and while they didn't all run off they kept a watchful eye on me. 

It is always a privilege to be able to get close to animals in the wild and I love to share the pictures I capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment