Monday 22 January 2018

Snowy Fells


I have chosen just one picture for today, this superb view across Derwent Water to the snowy peak of Causey Pike. I would have preferred less movement in the water so there was a sharper reflection but in spite of that there is a lot to like in this picture. I really like the colour of the sky with the promise of more snow, I like the wispy cloud blowing across the top of the fell and I like the layers of light and dark throughout the image.

It is almost a year since I was last in the lake district so I was happy to be there after such a long break and I was glad that the conditions gradually improved as the day wore on. I am constantly thankful to live in such a beautiful country with so many wonderful sights within easy reach and as much as I enjoy my job I am always looking forward to my next opportunity to get out into the countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment