Thursday 22 March 2018

Flying High





I have had a week off work and I have really enjoyed not having to think about the job and I have managed to get out with my camera on five of the last six days.

Yesterday I went to Mere Sands Woods and while waiting (unsuccessfully) to get a shot of a Kingfisher I practiced taking shots of birds in flight. I managed to get a couple of decent shots I think but it will be a while before I get around to posting them here so for today I have chosen a few more shots of the gulls that invaded my picnic on Saturday.

Although these birds appear to be hovering they were actually gliding past at speed. Apparently they fly between 15 - 28 MPH with their most efficient loiter speed being 22 MPH I would say these birds were "loitering with intent".

No comments:

Post a Comment