Tuesday 23 September 2014

A Wide Open Road

As much as I have enjoyed my visit to London I have felt a bit claustrophobic at times and I that thought in my blog today I would break out of the city and choose a picture that evokes some really happy memories and gives a taste of the great outdoors.

My brother Phil will no doubt recognise the location and possibly the diminutive figure in the scene.  

In the bustle of the city it's easy to feel small and in spite of the masses of people it's easy to feel alone but not necessarily at peace as there is always too much going on. This picture, for me anyway gives a sense of being at peace and a feeling of escaping from the hurly burly and so it's a fitting choice.  I hope you agree

And a final note, the title of this post was inspired by a song by The Triffids, which just happened to play on my iPod as I finished the post.



1 comment:

  1. Cemetery Lane also known as 600 S. Mona, Utah; looking east towards Mt. Nebo. Alexander is not so little anymore.

    ReplyDelete