Saturday 14 March 2015

Past and Present







Yesterday's pictures were of the Typhoon and F-15s in flight, today the planes are all on the ground and there is a contrast between the old and the new with the 2nd World War Hurricane which is part of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight based at RAF Coningsby, and the Typhoon  of 3(F) Squadron, the first operational squadron of Typhoon fighters.

I really like the old aircraft but I also really like the new.  The sleek design, amazing technology, the speed and power is so impressive.  I grew up with regular flights of military aircraft flying over my house as they went on practice bombing runs on Wainfleet Marsh, I miss the sounds and smells of these amazing jets.

I particularly like the last of today's shots, the heat haze from the engines and I remember the sense of anticipation as the plane strained against its brakes before springing forward to take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment