Thursday 19 March 2015

Triberg im Schwarzwald







After the difficulties I had yesterday things have been much more straightforward today and as a result you are being spoilt with a plethora of photos.

In total we have driven 1059 miles so far and we are in Triberg in the heart of the Black Forest. It's been sunny and warm but with plenty of snow on the ground. The scenery is spectacular.

Today's pictures are a mixed bunch, the first three were taken in the Black Forest Museum. Pictures 1 &  2 are of the very bizarrecostumes worn locally in the past to celebrate Shrovetide. Not a festival that I'm familiar with and the costumes are I think pretty scary.

The third picture is a little curiosity and I'll leave it open for comment to see if you can work out what it is... Please have a go!

I couldn't resist the picture of the berliner as it made me think of JFK... It also sort of fits with the other window displays I've posted this week. I couldn't resist the doughnut either, it was really good.

The snow rabbit was completely natural and I couldn't resist, again there has been a rabbit in one form or another in other posts this week.

The final image is a view of the apartment where I am staying, it's absolutely lovely, and probably a place I will come back to.

Well that's all for today, don't forget to have a guess re number 3






No comments:

Post a Comment