Sunday 21 May 2017

My Favourite Colour




One of the biggest attractions at Bodnant Gardens is the famous Laburnum Arch which comes into full flower at the end of May.

When I visited the gardens two weeks ago the arch wasn't at its peak glory although it still was a big draw for the many visitors. One end of the arch was coming into flower and so I was keen to get some close up shots of the individual flowers.

I love yellow and these bright flowers really give me a lift and against a pink backdrop as in the second shot they look wonderful. They have such a lovely shape too, designed to draw in bees and other pollinators.

I doubt whether I will get back to see the arch in all its glory this season however these few pictures are enough for me. If you have the chance though get down to Bodnant and I promise you won't be disappointed, if not then come back over the next few days and I will be posting some more floral gems and other shots from the gardens which really are a national treasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment