Saturday 13 May 2017

The Joys Of Spring



Last weekend couldn't have been more different to the weekend before when I was in Paris and Versailles. Instead of a quaint apartment and cafe culture I spent much of last weekend under canvas in a field in the Yorkshire Dales eating a delicious burger and nursing a toothache following the extraction of a wisdom tooth.

Although there was less in the way of luxury and I certainly got less sleep I enjoyed every minute of my camping trip at one of my favourite camp sites. I didn't do as much photography as I had intended as I was feeling less than 100% so I spent a lot of time snuggled in the tent out of the very blustery wind.

The few pictures that I did capture were taken either as the light was going or after dark down at Bolton Abbey.

Today's selection is a cuteness overload with these lovely spring lambs. I caught these first two sitting tight together enjoying that last of the evening sunshine.

There were lots of lambs and many of them were running and skipping around, I tried to follow them with my long lens and catch the moment. In the failing light it wasn't easy but I managed to get a few just at the right moment. The second of today's pictures is just one of them. It's a fairly grainy image but it fills me with joy and brings back some happy memories of a weekend full of the joys of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment