Tuesday 2 May 2017

Produits régionaux




Yesterday I posted all black and white images so today I have gone for a bit of colour, after all the fruit and veg, the cheese and the flowers would look quite flat in black and white.

I love the sights, sounds and smells of a good market. For a number of my teenage years and into my mid twenties I lived in Lincolnshire in and around the market town of Boston. On Wednesdays and Saturdays the town was taken over by the market traders selling clothes, sweets, bags, and all manner of fresh produce. Now when I visit the town the market seems to be somewhat diminished and I feel sad that it doesn't have the prominence that it once had.

Today's pictures taken in the Friday market in Versailles highlight some of the things I love about the market. I love the neatly arranged vegetables, just look at how large and fresh the aubergines and broccoli are.

I posted a similar picture to the second shot here on Friday but that was taken on my phone, this shot from a slightly different angle brings out the richness of the colours and I can almost smell the cheese. 

The final shot shows some of the selection of cut flowers on sale. Perhaps not the greatest picture but I love the colours and again it feeds the memory of the beautiful fragrances of the market place.

No comments:

Post a Comment