Saturday 7 April 2018

Cool Cormorants




As I said the other day I had a go at photographing some birds in flight and I managed to capture a few shots of these cormorants. I know they are not the sharpest images but looking at them I think I can see what I need to do differently next time.

I almost decided against posting these but I thought that in spite of the lack of sharpness one of the features I wanted to capture is the shapes of the birds in flight and these shots show that off well. 

Tracking birds is challenging and getting the focus spot on is difficult especially when the lens is quite slow. In the third of these pictures I think the focus point is on the top surface of the wing and that looks good, it's just a shame that it's not sharp across the whole image.

No comments:

Post a Comment