Friday 6 April 2018

Friend Zoned




Something that I have wanted to photograph for a long time is the courtship ritual of the Great Crested Grebe and so when I spotted this pair of grebes I thought perhaps my luck was in.

The male was certainly interested and did a bit of flirting, swimming around the female for a bit but she clearly wasn't having any of it. Perhaps it was still too early in the season or maybe he just didn't do it for her because she swam off leaving him a little dejected and me disappointed.

I do like these pictures though, they are such beautifully elegant birds and they swim with such poise and grace and I particularly like the pose in the second image.

I also like the way the ripples in these pictures elongate the reflections of the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment