Sunday 26 August 2018

Fine Art Becomes Street Art








When you go to Florence there is so much to see and do, the renaissance architecture, the colourful stonework, the parks and gardens and so much more.

This was my second visit to Florence and it was definitely one of the highlights of the trip.  This time I had a little more time to explore and before I go on to share perhaps more traditional images of the city I wanted to share these quirky pictures that I captured as I walked around the city.

The first three images are of work by a mysterious street artist who identifies him/herself as Blub.

All across the city there are these pictures of famous works of art by the likes of Dante and Botticelli with all of the figures wearing scuba masks.

I had walked past a number of these pictures before I realised it was a "thing" and now I wish that I had captured more of them because they are really fun.  If you would like to see some more examples and read an interview with the artist then  click here

The final image of the no entry sign is also evidence of the fun at the heart of this wonderful city. Each No Entry sign (and there are a lot of them around the old city) and many other road signs have been modified with a unique artwork by the French Street Artist Clet. They are fantastic little works. Most of the time we hardly notice the road signs, well we notice them but we react to the symbol without really looking at them but when each one is a unique piece of street art you are more likely to take notice. As with the Blub pictures I wish I had taken pictures of mor of Clets work so if you want to see more why not click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment