Friday 31 August 2018

More Art In The Park



Yesterday I shared three views of the magnificent bronze head by Igor Mitoraj that is found in the Boboli Gardens in Florence.

Today I have shared two more art works from the park, these are both by the German sculptor Fritz Koenig. He is most famous for The Sphere which stood in the plaza between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Centre.

These sculptures were part of the first exhibition of his work since his death in 2017 and were my favourite works on display. I didn't realise at the time how important this collection was but I am pleased that I got to see these fascinating sculptures.

I don't know what the symbols on the sphere represent but the second sculpture "Grosse Flora D, Grande Flora D" (1979/1980) I think could represent a flower or it could be a heavily stylised human form. 

No comments:

Post a Comment