Monday 16 July 2018

Luscious Curves

Canon EF 24 - 105 mm F/4 L IS USM
ISO 2000  99 mm  F/9.0  1/400 sec

ISO 2500  105 mm  F/9.0  1/400

In the palm house as I said yesterday the heat and humidity were almost unbearable and so we didn't stay inside for very long but I spotted these beautiful leaves.

I wondered what flower might be produced by this plant but the sign that identified it was understandably written in Swedish so it meant nothing to me. It said Karambola, Averrhoa carambola, Oxalidaceae.  I could work out that the plant grows to a height of 8 - 10 metres and that it produces fruit.  So a little bit of research was necessary to discover that the Carambola plant is found in Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philipines, Nepal and other countries in that general region with similar climate and it produces Star Fruit.

I think there is so much to like about these leaves, the texture (or different textures) as they unfurl, the rich shades of green and the curves which almost give a sense of motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment